September 4, 2015
Welcome to September and hopefully cooler weather! So this week was a pretty exciting week, at least for the readers in my circle. The fourth book to one of my favorite fantasy series came out on Tuesday, and I totally when to Barnes and Noble after my classes to get the book! There were also a nice handful of book covers revealed as well, and the site that I saw them on is also having giveaway opportunities for some of them so I added the links if you’re interested! I hope everyone stays safe during Labor Day weekend, and watch out for cops!
Updated reading list:
- Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong (review posted yesterday)
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley (finished and working on review)
- I Heard the Owl Call my Name by Margaret Craven (currently reading)
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
New releases this week:
- September 1, 2015
- Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius
- Are You Still There by Sarah Lynn Scheerger
- The Body Institute by Carol Riggs
- Burn Girl by Mandy Mikulencak
- Catacomb (Asylum #3) by Madeleine Roux
- Chloe By Design: Balancing Act by Margaret Gurevich
- Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian
- The Dogs by Allan Stratton
- Don’t Fail Me Now by Una LaMarche
- The Drafter (The Peri Reed Chronicles #1) by Kim Harrison
- Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Faceless (Mortal Monsters #1) by Monica Millard (self-published)
- The Fate of Ten (Lorien Legacies #6) by Pittacus Lore
- Firewalker (The Worldwalker Trilogy #2) by Josephine Angelini
- The Fix by Natasha Sinel
- The Foxglove Killings by Tara Kelly
- The Glowing Knight (The Black Knife Novellas #2) by Jodi Meadows
- Has to Be Love by Jolene Perry
- Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
- Hunter (Hunter #1) by Mercedes Lackey
- Infinite in Between by Carolyn Mackler
- Jillian Cade: (Fake) Paranormal Investigator by Jen Klein
- Midnight Dolls (The Dolls #2) by Kiki Sullivan
- Paper Hearts by Meg Wiviott
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas (I BOUGHT THIS AND I’M SO EXCITED TO READ IT!!!!)
- Queen Song (Red Queen #0.5) by Victoria Aveyard
- Shades of Doon (Doon #3) by Carey Corp, Lorie Langdon
- The Shadow Behind the Stars by Rebecca Hahn
- Smoked (Scorched #3) by Mari Mancusi
- State of Grace by Hilary Badger
- The Suffering (The Girl from the Well #2) by Rin Chupeco
- Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
- The Trouble in Me by Jack Gantos
- Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
- Violent Ends by Shaun David Hutchinson (ed.)
- Vivian Apple Needs a Miracle (Vivian Apple #2) by Katie Coyle
- Whippoorwill by Joseph Monninger
- Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
- A Whole New World (Twisted Tales #1) by Liz Braswell
- Your Voice Is All I Hear by Leah Scheider
- September 3, 2015
- All of the Above by James Dawson
- The Body by RJ Martin
by Ella Martin
Release date: September 29, 2015
Publisher: Clean Reads/Astraea Press
About the Book
Talia Nicoletti’s life has been turned upside down–and that’s probably an understatement. Her mother goes off on a business trip… and comes back married. Her estranged father wants to be less estranged. And her best friend Jake DeSantos suddenly has a new confidante who Talia doesn’t want to like but kind of does anyway.
Talia has to unravel her tangled up emotions to figure out what she really wants. Does she want to accept her father back in her life? Can she trust her new-stepfather? There’s too much hitting her at once, and she’s not ready to deal with any of it. The one person she can always turn to is Jake, and he’s being secretive and isn’t exactly available. And that hurts her more than she thought possible. Talia prides herself on being able to keep her emotions in check and hates that she’s jealous of the new girl in Jake’s life, especially since she can’t decide if she loves him … or if she loves him not.
by J.R. Stewart
Release date: November 10, 2015
Publisher: Blue Moon Publishers
About the Book
When the real world is emptied of all that you love, how can you keep yourself from dependence on the virtual?
Larissa lives in a world where the real and the virtual intermingle. After the supposed death of her soul mate, Andrew, Larissa is able to find solace by escaping to Nirvana, a virtual world where anything is possible – even visits with Andrew. Although Larissa knows that these meetings are not real, she cannot shake her suspicion that Andrew is indeed alive. When she begins an investigation of the Hexagon, the very institution that she has been taught to trust, Larissa uncovers much more than she ever expected. Her biggest challenge, however, remains determining what is real – and what is virtual.
Nirvana is a fast-paced page-turning young adult novel combining elements of the romance, mystery, and science fiction genres. Part of a three-part series, this book introduces readers to a heroine who refuses to give up on the man she loves, even if it means taking on an entire government to do so. As the lines between the real and virtual worlds begin to blur, Larissa and the reader realize that all is not as it seems, and the complex mystery only deepens.
Go here for the giveaway: http://www.yabookscentral.com/blog/it-s-live-cover-reveal-nirvana-by-j-r-stewart-giveaway-us-canada
by Christina Farley
Release date: September 29, 2015
About the Book
Sworn to an ancient god of darkness, Jae Hwa fights to gain her freedom and restore the balance of Korea… but first she must gain back the trust of her loved ones.
Jae Hwa Lee spent her sixteenth year in Seoul, trying to destroy the evil immortals who had been torturing her family for centuries. The last thing she expected was to be forced to become their assassin. Trapped in the darkest part of the Spirit World as a servant to the Korean god Kud, fighting to keep her humanity, and unable to contact her loved ones, Jae Hwa is slowly losing hope. Kud, god of darkness, will do anything to keep her as a pawn in his quest for power over all of Korea, her entire family thinks she’s dead, and Jae’s true love, Marc, believes she is lost to him forever.
When Kud sends Jae to find and steal the powerful Black Turtle orb, Jae sees an opportunity to break free and defeat Kud once and for all…but first she needs to regain Marc’s trust and work with him to vanquish the darkness that threatens to overwhelm Korea. There’s much to lose as Jae struggles to save the land she’s come to call home.