This month was pretty hot for September, well at least on my end of the world. The last few weeks of school have been keeping me busier than I expected, but I was able to read and get a review out weekly. The only book missing from this the picture is Sea of Shadows because I left it at home before I decided to do a post like this, so just imagine that book in the stack as well!
Technically, I’ve read four books this month, but I only posted three reviews. I finished Queen of Shadows a few days before September ended. Unfortunately, the review is the first one of October; however I’m still counting it for September because that’s when I finished it. With that said, I really enjoyed each of these books for a different reason, but I would have to say that Magonia and Queen of Shadows tied for me this month! Magonia was a lot of fun to read, even with some of the issues I had about the science involved, because of how it was written, and Queen of Shadows kind of commandeered my life when it could and it was hard getting any other work done! Below are the links to each review, just in case you’ve missed them!
- Sea of Shadows by Kelly Armstrong
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
- I Heard the Owl Call my Name by Margaret Craven
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
As many readers know, Queen of Shadows was released within the first week of September so I had to go after class to pick up that lovely doorstopper, I mean this in a loving way. Along with Queen of Shadows, I picked up five other books, two for a friend, and the other three for myself. Buying books is like eating pistachios, you can’t just buy one book, unless you don’t like books!
As you scroll down you see more pictures of books and you may be wondering what category they fall into. Well, my mother has been a member of certain books stores since forever, so they give her really cool discounts every so often to show their appreciation. This time, she had no need for the coupons and asked if there were any books I wanted. As you may guess, these were the books that I told her about that I saw when picking up Queen of Shadows.
This last book was actually one that I had received as a prize. I entered my name into a raffle and the odds were in my favor! I actually didn’t know about this one until I went home last weekend and found the package on the bed, and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out what the package was. The raffle totally slipped my mind, mostly likely due to all of the information about barrier islands, deltas and estuaries that I had to cram into my head…
So here are some of the best/most anticipated books of this month! How many have you read or were excited for?
- Don’t Fail Me Now by Una LaMarche (Sept. 1)
- Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon (Sept. 1)
- Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Pérez (Sept. 1)
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (Sept. 1)
- Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman (Sept. 1)
- A Whole New World by Liz Braswell (Sept. 1)
- Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt (Sept. 1)
- Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian (Sept. 1)
- Hunter by Mercedes Lackey (Sept. 1)
- Catacomb by Madeleine Roux (Sept. 1)
- Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith (Sept. 1)
- Drowning Is Inevitable by Shalanda Stanley (Sept. 8)
- Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins (Sept 8)
- Stand-Off by Andrew Smith (Sept. 8)
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy (Sept. 15)
- Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales (Sept. 15)
- The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore (Sept. 15)
- The Appearance of Annie van Sinderen by Katherine Howe (Sept. 15)
- Nightfall by Jake Halpern, Peter Kujawinski (Sept. 22)
- What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler (Sept. 22)
- I Crawl Through It by A.S. King (Sept. 22)
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson (Sept. 22)
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs (Sept. 22)
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow (Sept. 22)
- Juniors by Kaui Hart Hemmings (Sept. 22)
- Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett (Sept. 22)
- Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, and Deborah Biancotti (Sept. 29)
- All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely (Sept. 29)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (Sept. 29)
- A Big Dose of Lucky by Marthe Jocelyn (Sept. 29)
What books did you read this month?