Friday, January 1, 2016:
Wow! The last week of the year sure is busy! It appears that bookstores are releasing as many books as they can before 2015 is up. There have also been quite the number of cover reveals, at least that I have found, as well. I hope everyone had a wonder and safe New Years Celebration, I know I did! And next week I hope to catch up with some of my reviews, including some new kinds of storytelling. Psssst! Pssst! I’m going to be adding comics, graphic novels, and manga to my reviewing! I’m horrible at keep secrets…Anyways, have a wonderful weekend and an amazing start to 2016!
Updated Reading List:
- Escape From Witchwood Hollow by Jordan Elizabeth (posted review)
- Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis (currently reading)
- Mechanica by Betsy Cornwall
New Releases This Week
- Tuesday, December 29, 2015
- Love and Other Theories by Alexis Bass
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, Book 3) by Maggie Stiefvater
- In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds Series #3) by Alexandra Bracken
- Endure (Defy Series #3) by Sara B. Larson
- Unforgotten by Jessica Brody
- Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep
- Tarnished by Kate Jarvik Birch
- HEAR by Robin Epstein
- Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer
- Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
- What’s Broken Between Us by Alexis Bass
- Hobart by Anita Briggs
- UnSlut: A Diary and a Memoir by Emily Lindin
- The Forgotten Soldier (Pike Logan Series #9) by Brad Taylor
- Mastered by Maya Banks
- The Ice Queen (Pia Kirchhoff and Oliver von Bodenstein Series) by Nele Neuhaus
- Pet Friendly by Sue Pethick
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – Smoke and Shadow Part Two by Gene Luen Yang
- First Touch by Laurelin Paige
- The Song of Hartgrove Hall by Natasha Solomons
- The Center of the World by Jacqueline Sheehan
- The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge by Michael Punke
- Mademoiselle Chanel: A Novel by C. W. Gortner
- The First Hostage (J. B. Collins Series) by Joel C. Rosenberg
- The Hunting Trip: A Novel of Love and War by William E. Butterworth
- After She’s Gone by Lisa Jackson
- Die Wergelder 1 by Hiroaki Samura
- West of Sunset: A Novel by Stewart O’Nan
INTO THE ABYSS by Stefanie Gaither
Release date: August 29, 2016
Publisher: Simon and Schuster BFYR
About the Book
The real Violet Benson is dead.
Scientists at the CCA have awakened the newest version of her, once again breathing life into her cloned body. The only thing missing? Every memory of all the Violet Bensons that came before. And that blank-slate mind, coupled with her super-human abilities, traps her as a valuable tool—one the president of the CCA intends to use in her fight against the other, brainwashed clones that plague the city of Haven.
So long as Violet follows CCA orders, that artificial heart of hers can keep beating.
But Violet has woken up in a city on the brink of war. A city full of houses burning. Children going missing. Families falling apart. And all of it linked to cloning. So when that turmoil in the city above suddenly makes its way into the CCA headquarters below, Violet finds herself caught in the middle, guilty by association and because of a violent past she can’t even remember.
Now, she’ll have to overcome that past and find a way to make the fighting stop—or else give up any hope of a future.
If you’re interested, there’s a giveaway for a free hardcover of the book and a signed ARC-copy as well! Just check it out here: giveaway
A TASTE FOR MONSTERS by Matthew J. Kirby
Release date: September 27, 2016
About the Book
IT’S LONDON 1888, and Jack the Ripper is terrorizing the people of the city. Evelyn, a young woman disfigured by her dangerous work in a matchstick factory, who has nowhere to go, does not know what to make of her new position as a maid to the Elephant Man in the London Hospital. Evelyn wants to be locked away from the world, like he is, shut in from the filth and dangers of the streets. But in Joseph Merrick, the Elephant Man, she finds a gentle kindred who does not recoil from her and who understands her pain. When the murders begin, however, Joseph and Evelyn are haunted nightly by the ghosts of the Ripper’s dead, setting Evelyn on a path to facing her fears and uncovering humanity’s worst nightmares.
A Taste for Monsters is a terrifying and haunting tale of the monstrosity of men and the salvation one may find in the unlikeliest places, from Edgar Award–winning author Matthew J. Kirby.
There’s also a signed giveaway bundle with Icefall, The Arctic Code, and an ARC of A Taste for Monsters which can be found here!